Are you looking for information on how to conduct a business entity search in Alaska? If yes, then you will find this guide helpful.
Before we start, here is something you must know.
In Alaska, Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing is the responsible body which maintains records of the business entities incorporated in the state. It is a subdivision of Department Of Commerce, Community, And Economic Development (DCEED).
These records are available to the general public and anyone can access it for free on the DCEED website.
The division keeps records of the following business structures:
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited liability company (LLC)
So, how can a business entity search be helpful?
- Business owners can check for business name availability.
- One can find information about any business like address, the owner(s) name and current status of the business.
- One can also view all the filed documents and find other associated details about the business.
Alaska Business Entity Search
One can search for any business registered in the state of Alaska in 2 ways:
- By Entity Number – Each business is assigned a unique ID by the SOS. Using the number one can find information about the business directly.
- By Entity Name – One can also search for any business based on the name.
By Entity Number
Step 1: Open Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing search page – Link.
Step 2: Enter the business ID number in the text box and click on ‘Search‘ button.
Step 3: On the next page, you can view the summary of the business with the following data:
- Entity Type
- Entity #
- Entity Name
- Name Type
Note: In case the business ID is wrong, you will receive an error. Also while entering the ID, remove all the spaces.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Entity ID’ to view the detailed information.
Step 5: On the next page, you will be able to view complete information about the business.
|Entity Name||Name of Registered Business Entity|
|Entity Type||Business Type – LLC/Corporation/Non-Profit/Name Reservation/Partnership|
|Entity #||Business ID Number|
|Status:||Business Status – Good Standing/Non-Compliant/Involuntarily Dissolved/Voluntarily Dissolved/Revoked/Merged/Expired Name/Active Name/With Drawn|
|AK Formed Date||Date of Business Formation|
|Duration/Expiration||Business Expiry Date|
|Home State||State of Business Incorporation|
|Next Biennial Report Due||Report Due Date|
|Entity Mailing Address||Mailing Address of the Business|
|Entity Physical Address||Physical Address of the Business|
|Agent Name||Registered Agent Name|
|Registered Mailing Address||Registered Agent Mailing Address|
|Registered Physical Address||Registered Agent Physical Address|
|AK Entity #||Entity ID|
|Name||Name(s) of the Official|
To conduct the business entity search using the name of the business, follow the guide below:
Step 1: Open Alaska business entity search page.
Step 2: Enter the name of the business in the entity name box. Now you would need to select either of the following 2 options:
- Starts With – Selecting this option would show only those business entities, whose name starts with the entered text.
- Contains – Selecting this option would show entities containing the entered text anywhere in their business name.
- Don’t enter words like LLC.LLP, Corporation in the search text.
- Remove punctuations like a comma, period from the search text.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Search’ button.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to view the list of businesses matching your criteria.
Note: In case the search results are too broad, try doing the search again with better filters in place.
550 W 7th AVE, STE 1535
Anchorage, AK 99501-3587
|Contact Number||Phone: (907) 269-8100|
Fax: (907) 269-8125
|Office Hours||8AM – 5 PM (Mon to Fri)|
Links & References
Last Updated: 11/04/2018