Alaska Business Entity & Corporation Search
In this guide, we’ll be laying down step-by-step instructions on how to search for a business entity on Alaska Secretary of State website.
In Alaska, business and professional license records are maintained by Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. It is a subdivision of Department Of Commerce, Community, And Economic Development (DCEED).
Business records are a matter of public information and anyone can access it for free on the DCEED website.
The division keeps records of the following business structures:
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Professional License
So, how can a business entity search be helpful?
- For researching business name availability.
- To retrieve information about any business like address, the owner(s) name and current status of the business.
- To file relevant business documents and amendments
Alaska Secretary of State Business Entity Search
One can search for any business registered in the state of Alaska in two ways:
- By Entity Number – Each business is assigned a unique ID by the SOS. Using the number one can find information about the business directly.
- By Entity Name – Search using the complete/partial name of the business.
By Entity Number
Step 1: Open Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing search page – Link.
Step 2: Enter the business ID number in the text box and click on ‘Search‘ button.
Step 3: On the next page, you can view the summary of the business with the following data:
- Entity Type
- Entity #
- Entity Name
- Name Type
Note: In case the business ID is incorrect, you’ll receive an error. Also while entering the ID, remove all the spaces.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Entity ID’ to view the detailed information.
Step 5: On the next page, you will be able to view complete information about the business.
|Entity Name||Name of Registered Business|
|Entity Type||Business Type – LLC/Corporation/Non-Profit/Name Reservation/Partnership|
|Entity #||Business ID Number|
|Status:||Business Status – Good Standing/Non-Compliant/Involuntarily Dissolved/Voluntarily Dissolved/Revoked/Merged/Expired Name/Active Name/With Drawn|
|AK Formed Date||Date of Business Formation|
|Duration/Expiration||Business Expiry Date|
|Home State||State of Business Incorporation|
|Next Biennial Report Due||Report Due Date|
|Entity Mailing Address||Mailing Address of the Business|
|Entity Physical Address||Physical Address of the Business|
|Agent Name||Registered Agent Name|
|Registered Mailing Address||Registered Agent Mailing Address|
|Registered Physical Address||Registered Agent Physical Address|
|AK Entity #||Entity ID|
|Name||Name(s) of the Official|
Note: Use this search method for business name research.
To search for a business using the complete/partial name, follow the guide below:
Step 1: Open Alaska business entity search page.
Step 2: Enter the name of the business in the entity name box. Next, select the appropriate filter:
- Starts With – Selecting this option would show only those business entities, whose name starts with the entered text.
- Contains – Selecting this option would show entities containing the entered text anywhere in their business name.
- Don’t enter words like LLC.LLP, Corporation in the search text.
- Remove punctuations like a comma, period from the search text.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Search‘ button.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to view the list of businesses matching your criteria.
Note: In case the search results are too broad, try doing the search again with better filters in place.
550 W 7th AVE, STE 1535
Anchorage, AK 99501-3587
|Contact Number||Phone: (907) 269-8100|
Fax: (907) 269-8125
|Office Hours||8AM – 5 PM (Mon to Fri)|
Links & References
Last Updated on 26/03/2018