Alabama Business Entity & Corporation Search
Are you looking for information on how to search for any business entity in Alabama? If yes, then follow this guide.
So where to start?
In Alabama, business records are maintained by the Business entity division of the Secretary of State. The business entity division acts as a depository of records, which stores the data about registered businesses.
Which entity type can be searched?
Information about For-Profit Corporations, Non-Profit Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Limited Liability Partnership is available and can be searched online. The search functionality can be accessed on the secretary of state website absolutely free.
Alabama Business Entity Search
This page covers step by step on how to search for a business in Alabama. For better understanding, meaning for various complicated terms used in the search report have also been explained.
There are six ways to search any registered business entity in Alabama:
- By Registered name of the business
- By Business Entity Number
- By Incorporator details
- By Month and Year of Establishment
- By Date
- By Reservation ID
Search by Corporation/LLP/LLC Business Name
Step 1: Open Alabama business entity search page – Link (opens in new tab).
Step 2: Enter the name of the business you are looking to search in the text box.
Step 3: If you know the type and place of formation of the business then set it accordingly. Otherwise, keep it as ‘All Records‘.
Step 4: If you know the city in which the business operates in then enter it under ‘Principal City‘ field otherwise leave it as blank.
Step 5: Select the appropriate Status and click on the ‘Search’ button.
- While searching do not enter puntuations (comma, period etc)
- Corporate Endings (LLC,LLP, Corp etc) are ignored and should not be entered.
- If you are not sure about the complete name of the business, enter parial name and conduct the search.
Step 6: On the next page, you can view the list of businesses that match the specified criteria.
You can view the following information about each business:
- ID No.
Based on the available information, select the desired business entity. In case you are unable to find the business, try searching again with a different search term.
Step 7: On the next page, following information about the business is available.
|Entity Name||Business Entity Name|
|Entity ID Number||Business Entity Unique ID|
|Entity Type||Business Type – LLC/LLP/Corporation (Domestic/Foreign)|
|Principal Address||Business Office Address|
|Principal Mailing Address||Mailing Address|
|Status||Business Status – Exists, Terminated, Name Changed/Merged|
|Place of Formation||State of Business Formation|
|Formation Date||Date of Business Formation|
|Qualify Date||Date of recognition of the business by AL SOS|
|Registered Agent Name||Name of the Business Registered Agent|
|Registered Office Street Address||Office Address|
|Registered Office Mailing Address||Communication Address|
|Nature of Business||Business Description|
|Capital Authorized||Initial Capital Authorised|
|Capital Paid In||Paid in Capital|
|Doing Business in AL Since||Date of starting business operation in Alabama|
To purchase certified or non-certified copies of the filed documents, click on ‘Purchase Document Copies‘ copies.
Search By Business Entity Number
In Alabama, all businesses are assigned a unique 6 digits business entity number. If you know the particular business entity number, you can directly search for the business information.
How to search using Business ID number
- Open search by Business ID page – Link.
- Enter the 6 digit ID in following format – AAA-AAA.
- Click on ‘Search‘ button.
On the next page, you can view the business information.
Search By Incorporator Details
The incorporator is also referred to as an agent or officer. Use this search method, if you would like to find out the list of business entities with which an incorporator is associated with.
How to Search
- Start by opening this link – http://arc-sos.state.al.us/CGI/CORPAGENT.MBR/INPUT
- Enter the name of the incorporator in the text field.
- Select the officer type – incorporator or member, registering agent, president or secretary.
- Select place of formation. If you are unsure simply keep it as ‘All Records‘.
- Click on ‘Search‘ button.
On the next page, you can view a list of business names which matched the search criteria. Along with that incorporator name and position held will also be shown.
Additional Search Methods:
- Month and Year (Link) – Shows list of businesses registered in particular month and year.
- Date (Link) – Shows list of businesses registered on a particular date.
- Reservation | Registration by ID (Link) – To search for a business based on the reservation number (refer reservation certificate).
BUSINESS SERVICES DIVISION
Alabama State House – Suite 119
11 South Union Street,
Montgomery, AL 36130 (Directions)Mailing Address
PO Box 5616
Montgomery, AL 36103-5616
|Phone Number||Phone: 334-242-5324|
|Office Hours||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday|
Last Updated on: 10/10/2018