Business & Commercial Services (BCS) division of Arkansas Secretary of State maintains information of all the business entities registered in the state. It is responsible for recording and maintaining important events and information about the businesses. This data is can be accessed by public online on Secretary of state website.
Business entity search can be helpful to the users inthe following ways:
- Name Availability Check – For checking if the business name is available for registering.
- Fetching Business Information – For checking information about the business owners, registered agent etc.
- Download/Purchase certificates – Business owners/registered agent can use the functionality to download/purchase certificate of good standing, annual reports etc.
On this page, we have provided a tutorial on how to conduct a business entity search on Arkansas (AR) secretary of state website. We have also explained the complex terms used in the report for better understanding.
Arkansas Business Entity Search
One can conduct a business entity search in Arkansas in the following ways:
- By Corporation Type – Search by type of business type (LLC/LLP/LP etc.)
- By Business/Fictitious Name – Search by legal/fictitious name of the business.
- By Registered Agent Name/State/City – One can also search by name of the registered agent, state or city of residence.
- By Filing # – Each business entity is assigned a unique File number by SOS. Using this number one can directly search for the business information.
Note: One can conduct the search by any of the given methods. But searching using the multiple criteria can helpful in getting more targeted information.
Search By Business Name
Step 1: Open Arkansas Secretary of State business entity search page (opens in new tab).
Step 2: (Optional) Select the corporation type of the business entity. If you are unsure, just keep it as ‘All Types’.
- Benefit Corporation
- Domestic For Profit Corporation (New Code)
- Domestic For Profit Corporation (Old Code)
- Domestic Nonprofit Corporation (New Code)
- Domestic Nonprofit Corporation (Old Code)
- Domestic Cooperative (Ag, Mkt, Gen)
- Domestic Cooperative (Tel, Elec)
- Domestic Limited Liability Company
- Domestic Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Domestic Limited Partnership
- Domestic Limited Liability Partnership
- Domestic General Partnership
- Foreign For Profit Corporation
- Foreign Nonprofit Corporation
- Foreign Cooperative (Ag, Mkt, Gen)
- Foreign Cooperative (Tel, Elec)
- Foreign Limited Liability Company
- Foreign Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Foreign Limited Partnership
- Foreign Limited Liability Partnership
- Foreign General Partnership
- Foreign Business Trust
Step 3: Enter the name of the business in the search field. Alternatively, you can also search by fictitious name of the business entity. For illustration purpose, lets search ‘Butterfly’.
Note: Don’t use common words such as plumbing. electrician, LLC etc. The search result will show all the entries containing the search string, so make sure you are as specific as possible.
Step 4: Click on ‘Search’ button.
Step 5: On the next page, you will be able to view list of results based on your search criteria. Each entry will be with following attributes:
Step 6: Select the desired business entity from the list and click on the corresponding name.
Step 7: Finally, you will be able to view the detailed information about the business on the next page.
|Corporation Name||Business Entity Name|
|Fictitious Names||Fictitious/Trade name of the business|
|Filing #||Filing Number|
|Filing Type||Business Type – LLC/LLP/Partnership|
|Filed under Act||Act under which the business was filed|
|Status||Current Business Status – Active/Inactive/Merged/Dissolved|
|Principal Address||Business Address|
|Reg. Agent||Registered Agent Name|
|Agent Address||Registered Agent Address|
|Date Filed||Date on which business documents were filed|
|Officers||Company Officer(s) name|
For Foreign Entities
|Foreign Name||Name of the business in the state it was registered|
|Foreign Address||Address of the business in the state it was registered|
|State of Origin||State of formation of the business|
Search by Registered Agent Name/City/State
Step 1: Open Arkansas SOS website – Link (will open in new tab).
Step 2: Select the corporation type from the drop-down. If you are unaware, simply select ‘All Types‘.
Step 3: Next enter the name of the registered agent in the text field.
Step 4: You can also mention the state and city of the RA, which can help in narrowing down the results.
Step 5: Click on ‘Search‘ Button.
Step 6: On the next page, you will be able to view the list of business entities with which the RA is associated.
|Address||Arkansas Secretary of State|
State Capitol, Suite 256
500 Woodlane Street
Little Rock, AR 72201Link: Map (Opens in new tab)
|Office Hours||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Monday – Friday
Links & References
Last Updated: 05/10/2018