Arizona Business Entity & Corporation Search
On this page, we will be discussing how to conduct a business entity search in Arizona.
Before we go ahead, here are a few things you must know:
Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) is responsible for the incorporation and governance of all the registered businesses in the state. It keeps records of the formation, filing history, amendments and current status of each registered business.
The business entity data is a matter of public record and it is freely accessible on the Arizona Corporation Commission website.
How can business search be helpful?
Arizona corporation search can be helpful to users in the following ways:
- Name Availability Check – You can check if the business name you are looking to register is available or not.
- Find Filed Documents – Download PDF documents of all the recorded changes in the business such as address change or change in management.
- Request certificate of existence or certificate of good standing.
- Find information about other businesses such as owner details, business address, and registered agent information.
- Check the status of the company
Arizona Business Entity Search
Arizona Secretary of State provides 4 ways to search for a business entity :
- Entity Name – The simplest yet the most effective way to search a business entity.
- Agent Name – Allows you to search for business entities based on the name of the registered agent.
- Officer Name – Allows you to search a business based on the name of the members/owners.
- Old Business Name – Businesses change there name often. Using this search you can look for business entities based on their old names.
By Entity Name
Step 1: Open Arizona Corporation Commission search page (refer to the image below).
Step 2: Select ‘Entity’ from the ‘Search For’ drop-down menu.
Step 3: Enter the name of the business entity you are looking to search in the text field.
If you know the ‘File Number’ of the business then select the ‘Filer Number’ from the ‘Search Type’ box and enter the ID in the name field. This way you can directly search the business information.
Note: The search results will include all the business names, where the searched keyword is present. Make sure your search query is precise, otherwise there will be too many results.
Step 4: Next, you can set the filters such as Search Type, Active/Inactive and Entity Type to narrow down the results.
Step 5: Finally, click on the ‘Search’ button.
Step 6: On the next page, you will be able to view the list of businesses matching the criteria with the following details:
- File Number
- Corporation Name
- Name Type
Step 7: Select the desired business entity by clicking on its name.
Step 8: On the next page, you will be able to view detailed information about the business.
Following information will be available:
|File Number||Business ID number|
|Corporation Name||Business entity name|
|Corporation Status||Business status – Active/Inactive/Dissolved/Merged|
|Agent Name/Address||Registered Agent name and address|
|Entity Type||Entity Type – LLC/LLP/Corporation/Partnership|
|Incorporation Date||Date of incorporation|
|Corporation Life Period||Business Expiry Date|
|Domicile||Domestic or Foreign|
|County||County in which business is located|
|Approval Date||Date of approval of the business by SOS|
You can also check whether the business has a good standing or not and view historical records.
By Agent/Officer Name
Step 1: Open Arizona Secretary of state business entity search page.
Step 2: Select ‘Agent/Officer‘ from the ‘Search For’ dropdown.
Step 3: Enter the partial or complete name of the Agent/Officer.
Step 4: Use the filters provided – Search Type (Starts with/Contains), Active/Inactive and Entity type to narrow down the search results.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Search’ button.
On the next page, you will be able to view the list of records which match the criteria.
Arizona Corporation Commission
1200 W. Washington Street.
Phoenix, AZ 85007 (Directions)
Office #1: Arizona Corporation Commission
|Contact Number||Telephone: (602) 542-3026|
Toll Free: 1-(800) 345-5819
|Office Hours||8:00 AM – 5 PM (Mon to Fri)|
Sat/Sun – Closed
Links & References
Last Updated: 05/11/2018