Idaho Business Entity & Corporation Search
Business incorporation in state of Idaho (ID) is overseen by the Idaho Secretary of State. It is responsible for regulation of business entities in the state and provides a web interface to search for any business registered. Filed business documents are also stored with the SOS and can be requested online.
Searching for a business entity in idaho, can help users in following ways:
- Requesting certificate of existance
- View business information such as address, owner(s) detail and registered agent information
- Checking availability of business name
- Checking is the business is legally registered or not
Information about following types of entities can be searched:
- Assumed Business Name
- Name Registration
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Partnership Authority (GP)
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- Unincorporated Nonprofit Association
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
On this page, we have described step by step instructions on how to search for a business in Idaho.
Idaho Business Entity Search
Idaho Secretary of State provides 6 ways to search for a business entity on its website.
- Business Entity Name: Search by name of the business
- Business Entity City: Search by city name
- Organizational ID / Filing Number: Using the organizational ID/ Filing number one can directly search the business details.
- Registered Agent Name: Permits you to search for business entities based on the name of the registered agent.
- Registered Agent City: Allows one to search businesses based on the registered agent city.
- Date of origination / Authorization: This criterion lets you search businesses based on the date on which the business was incorporated
The search methods can be used alone or clubbed together to get narrow results.
Search by Name
Step 1: Open Idaho Secretary of State business entity search page (opens in new tab).
Step 2: On the next page, enter the complete/partial name of the business you are looking to search in the text field. Next, click on ‘Search’ button.
Step 3: A list of names that matches the search term you entered will be displayed. Additionally, following information will be shown:
- Organizational ID / Filing Number
- The search results will contain all the businesses whose name contains the searched string. Ex searching for ‘bus’ will show ‘Business Inc’ in the result. So its good idea to enter as many letters as possible.
- One can use ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ operators to limit the search.
- For doing a phrase search enclose the search string within quotes.
For illustration purpose, we’ve searched for the name ‘Apple’. You can view the list of matching entries (refer the image).
Step 4: Click on the desired business entity by clicking on the name of the business.
Step 5: On the next page, you can view complete information about the business.
|Business Name||Business Entity Name|
|Type of Business:|
|Status:||Current Business Status – Active/Inactive/Dissolved|
|State of Origin:||State of Formation of Business|
|Date of Origination/Authorization:||Date of business Formation|
|File Number:||Business Entity Number|
On the top of page, one can request for certificate of existence (a fee of $12 is applicable).
Search by Business City
Use this form to search to find list of business entities registered in a particular city.
Step 1: Navigate to Idaho business entity search page – Link.
Step 2: Enter the city name where the main office of the business entity is located and click on ‘Search’ button.
Step 3: On the next page, you can view the list of business entities which are located in the city you searched.
Step 4: Click on the business entity of your choice to view its detailed information.
Search by Organizational ID / Filing Number
Each business in Idaho is assigned a unique 7 character ID by the Secretary of state. Using the filing number, one can directly search the business information.
Step 1: Open the Idaho business search page.
Step 2: Enter the filing number into the text field, and then click ‘Search’. Please be noted that you could see the result only if you have entered the correct filing number.
Step 3: On the next page, the business name corresponding to the filing number you have used initially will be displayed.
Step 4: Click on ‘View details’ or on the name of the company to view all the information on file.
Search by Registered agent Name and City
Step 1: Visit Idaho secretary of state business search webpage.
Step 2: If you are aware of the name and mailing address of the agent, enter one or both the piece of info into the respective fields and click ‘Search’.
Step 3: On the next page, you will be able to view the list of businesses with whom the registered agent is associated with.
Step 4: Now, click on the name of the company to view more details about it. Besides business info, the complete mailing address of the registered agent will also be available.
Search by Date of Origination / Authorization
Step 1: Open Idaho business entity search page.
Step 2: Enter the authorization date of the business into the appropriate field. While entering the date, follow this pattern: month/date/4-digit year. You can choose either the start date or the end date or both for refining the search.
Below is the visual representation of the results for the period starting from 01/04/2018 (no end date is given).
To view an entity’s detailed filing information, click on the business name.
Contact – Business Office
450 N 4th St Boise ID 83702Mailing
PO Box 83720 Boise ID 83720-0080
|Phone||Phone: (208) 334-2301|
Fax: (208) 334-2080
|Hours||Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Links & References
Last Updated: 05/10/2018