North Dakota Business Entity & Corporation Search
In North Dakota, Secretary of State is responsible for overseeing the formation and regulation of business entities in the state. It also keeps a record of all the businesses registered along with the filed documents. Information about Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, and trade names is available online on the SOS website. The information is available for free to the public.
Business search can be helpful in determining the availability of a business name. At the same time, one can also use it to find out information about any business.
Search by Business Name
Step 1: To begin the search, navigate to the ‘Business Records Search‘ page on North Dakota Secretary of State website – Link (opens in new tab).
Step 2: Enter the entity name you are looking to search for in the text box.
Step 3: Select the desired search filter. Following filters are available:
- with all of the words – Will only show the list of business names which contain all of the entered words
- with at least one of the words – Will show business names with atleast one of the searched keyword present
- Entity Name starts with – List of business names starting with the entered phrase
- partial match with all of the words – Businesses which partially/fully match all the entered search terms
- partial match with at least one of the words – Will show business names which partially/fully match any of the entered terms.
Step 4: Click on ‘Search‘ button.
Step 5: On the next page, you can view the list of businesses that matched the search criteria. The following information is available for each business shown on the result page:
- System ID
- Entity Name
- Type – Status
- Available Report Form to File
Step 6: From the available information, click on the desired business entity.
Step 7: On the next page, you can view complete information about the business.
The following information is available:
|Trade Name||Business Entity Name|
|System ID||Business ID|
|Status||LLC/Contractor/Trade Name – Active/Inactive|
|Last Renewal Date||Renewal Date of the Business|
|Original File Date||Date of filing of the business|
|Nature of Business||Short description of the business|
|Owners||Business Owner Name and Address|
Search By System ID
Each registered business in South Dakota is assigned an 8 digit unique ID. Using the ID one can directly find out the business information.
Step 1: Open North Dakota Business Entity search page – Link.
Step 2: Enter the System ID in the appropriate text field.
Step 3: Click on ‘Search‘ button.
On the next page, you can view the business information.
North Dakota Secretary of State
600 E Boulevard Avenue Dept 108,
Bismarck, ND 58505-0500 (Directions)
|Office Hours||9 AM – 5 PM (Mon to Fri) Sat/Sun – Closed|
Links & References
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_State_of_South Carolina
Last Updated on: 05/10/2018