Nebraska Business Entity & Corporation Search
Nebraska Secretary of State maintains the records of all the business entities registered in the state. Information such as incorporators details, business address, annual reports, etc can be viewed online.
Information on registered business entities is a matter of public information. And these records can be accessed on the Secretary of State website.
The business entity search is useful particularly when someone is looking to:
- Check availability of a business name
- Find out the current status of the business
- Download Certificate of Good Standing and filed documents
This article guides you through the process of searching for a business entity registered in the State of Nebraska (NE).
Nebraska Secretary of State Business Entity Search
You can conduct the search in two ways:
- By Business Name
- By Account Number
By Business Name
Step 1: Navigate to Nebraska business entity search page – Link (Opens in new tab).
Step 2: You will be presented with the following filters to conduct the search:
- Name Starts With – Fetches all the business names that start with the entered search string. Minimum 3 letter needs to be entered.
- Name Keyword Match – Searches by the occurrence of the entered keyword in the business name.
- Match all words – Entries containing all the keywords entered are shown.
- Match Any Words – Entries containing any of the keywords are shown.
- Name Sounds like – Shows business names which sound like the search string (based on Soundex).
- Name exact match – Shows results which exactly match the search string.
Based on the information available with you, choose the appropriate filter.
Step 3: Fill the captcha and click on ‘Perform Search‘ button.
Step 4: On the next page, the list of businesses matching the search query will be shown.
Below is the sample result for the search query starting with the word ‘alex’.
Following information about each business is listed on the page:
- Business Entity Name
- Secretary of State Account Number
Step 5: With the information available, narrow down to the business you were searching for.
Step 6: Click on the ‘Details‘ button to view the complete information about the business.
Step 7: On the final page, you will be able to view the following data:
|SOS Account Number||Business ID number|
|Status||Business Status – Active/Inactive/Dissolved|
|Principal Office Address||Business Address|
|Registered Agent and Office Address||Registered Agent’s Name & Address|
|Nature of Business||Short description of the business|
|Entity Type||Business Type – LLC/LLP/Corporation (Domestic/Foreign)|
|Date Filed||Date of business registration|
You can also purchase filed documents related to the business. For each page, the cost is 0.45$.
By Account Number
Secretary of State assigns a unique 8 digit number to every business registered in the state. Using this number you can directly search for information about the business:
Step 1: Open Nebraska SOS business search page – Link.
Step 2: Enter the 8 digit business registration number in the ‘Account Number‘ field.
Step 3: Complete the captcha and click on ‘Perform Search‘ button.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to view information about the concerned business. If the account number is incorrect, you will receive an error.
NE Secretary of State Contact Information
Nebraska Secretary of State,
1201 N Street, Suite 120,
Lincoln, NE 68508 (Directions)
|Office Hours||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mon to Fri) Sat/Sun – Closed|
Links & References
Last Updated on: 30/03/2019