Virgin Islands Business Entity Search (LLC, Corporation, Partnership)
Looking for information on how to search for a business entity registered in Virgin Island?
Well, you’re in the right place!
We’ve put together this guide to help you conduct the search successfully.
In the Virgin Islands, Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs (DLCA) is the supreme body which is responsible for business formation, regulation and record keeping of the registered businesses.
Basic information regarding registered businesses in Virgin Island can be accessed on the DLCA website for free.
Currently, DLCA hosts information on following types of entities:
- Domestic Corporations
- Exempt Companies
- Foreign Sales Corporations
Conducting a business entity search is especially useful for checking business name availability, finding contact information of any registered business and verifying the legal existence of any business.
Did you know?
Virgin Islands houses over 41% of the world’s total offshore companies. The primary reason being zero corporate income tax.
Below we’ve laid down exact steps on how to search for a business on the DLCA website.
Virgin Islands Business Entity Search
DLCA provides a comprehensive set of filters to conduct the search. These filters can be used alone or combined to narrow down the search results.
Following search parameters are available:
- Business or Trade Name (Recommended for business name availability check)
- Location Address
- License Type
- Business Activity
- License Number
- Island (Location)
Step 1: Navigate to Virgin Islands business license page here (opens in new tab).
Step 2: Here, you’ll be presented with multiple options to conduct the search.
- If you know the complete/partial name of the business, then enter it in ‘Business/Trade Name‘ text box.
- If you would like to find out the list of businesses in a particular city or street, enter the details in ‘Location Address‘ text box.
- To search by license type or business entity, enter the details in corresponding boxes.
- If you know the license number of the business, then you can directly find the information. Enter it in the ‘License No‘ field.
- The DLCA assigns each business a unique 8 character ID. The ID is in the following format: X-XXXXX-XL.
Note: The search parameters can be used alone or combined. Using multiple search criteria will help narrow down the results further.
Step 3: Select the search criteria and enter the query in the corresponding text box.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Search‘ button.
Step 5: In the same page, you can view the list of businesses that matched the criteria.
The following information is available for each business on the results page:
Links & References Last Updated on: 03/05/2019
Business and Trade Name Name and address of the Business Entity Address Location of the registered office License Type Details on the type of license License number Unique 8-character code assigned on registration Expiry date License Expiry Date
Secretary of State Contact Information
Address No. 5049 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, V.I. 00802
Phone Number (340) 776-8515 Office Hours 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Links & References
Last Updated on: 03/05/2019