Virgin Islands Business Entity Search (LLC, Corporation, Partnership)
Looking for information on how to search for a business entity in Virgin Island?
Well, you’re in the right place!
We’ve put together this guide to help you conduct the search successfully.
Whether you’re looking to check business name availability or looking to find information about any business, this guide will answer all your queries.
In the Virgin Islands, Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs (DLCA) is the supreme body which oversees business regulation. DLCA is responsible for all the business formation, regulation and record keeping of the business records.
Basic information regarding registered businesses in Virgin Island can be accessed on the DLCA website for free.
Currently, DLCA hosts information on following types of entities:
- Domestic Corporations
- Exempt Companies
- Foreign Sales Corporations
Did you know?
Virgin Islands houses over 41% of the world’s total offshore companies. The primary reason being zero corporate income tax.
Below we’ve laid down exact steps to conduct a successful business search on the DLCA website.
Virgin Islands Business Entity Search
DLCA provides a comprehensive set of filters to conduct the search. These filters can be used alone or combined together to narrow down the search results.
Following search parameters are available:
- Business or Trade Name (Recommended for business name availability check)
- Location Address
- License Type
- Business Activity
- License Number
- Island (Location)
Step 1: Navigate to Virgin Islands business license page here (opens in new tab).
Step 2: Here, you’ll be presented with multiple options to conduct the search.
- If you know the complete/partial name of the business, then enter it in ‘Business/Trade Name‘ text box.
- If you would like to find out the list of businesses in a particular city or street, enter the details in ‘Location Address‘ text box.
- To search by license type or business entity, enter the details in corresponding boxes.
- If you know the license number of the business, then you can directly find the information. Enter it in ‘License No‘ field. Each business is assigned a unique 8 character ID by the DLCA. The ID is in the following format: X-XXXXX-XL.
Note: The search parameters can be used alone or combined together. Using multiple search criteria will help narrow down your results further.
Step 3: Select the search criteria and enter the search string in the corresponding box.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Search‘ button.
Step 5: In the same page, you can view the list of businesses that matched the criteria.
The following information is available for each of the matched business.
Links & References Last Updated on 04/02/2019
Business and Trade Name Name and address of the Business Entity Address Location of the registered office License Type Details on the type of license License number Unique 8-character code assigned on registration Expiry date License Expiry Date
Address No. 5049 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, V.I. 00802
Phone Number (340) 776-8515 Office Hours 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Links & References
Last Updated on 04/02/2019